Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review: BRTC Blemish Recover Balm


I've been using this for about 1.5 months now and this is by far the best "tinted moisturizer" I've ever used. If you're not familiar with BB creams - it stands for Blemish Balm. It's very popular in Asia. Women started using it to cover up their face after plastic surgery. It has tons of benefits to it and really healthy ingredients that some consider it a skincare product and not a makeup. You can use this in place of your moisturizer, foundation, powder and concealer. Just one little half pea size can cover the entire face.

Texture: It's definitely thick but I've never had a problem blending it. I put a half pea size on my finger and then dot the product all over my face. Then I would use two fingers on both hands and lightly pat my face so the product spreads out evenly. I guess you can use a brush too but I think it's faster and easier to use your hands. The light patting helps with circulation too.

Color: I hear a lot of complaints about BB cream that it doesn't come with that many shades. Many BB creams only comes with one shade like the BRTC one I'm reviewing. It comes out a bit beige-ish and when it goes on my face it looks pretty light. Once I pat it in though, it seeps into my skin and it's perfect for my skin color. It does adapt to your skin color fairly quickly. I've heard a few people adding some foundation to it to make the color work for them but I think that defeats the purpose of using a BB cream.

Coverage: Coverage is great! I have tonsssss of acne scars from a horrible break out 6 months ago. This basically covers up most of the scars, even the pitted ones. When I really want a flawless look, I use the BB cream as concealer and spot cover the ones that need more attention. For the amount of product that I need to use, the coverage is unbelievable.

Feel: It feels like I have nothing on my face. It feels lighter than my moisturizer. No complaints.

Oil Control: I have reallllllllly oily skin. I mean reallllly oily. Probably why I've always had to fight with acne. This BB cream does a great job at controling oil. I don't have to blot at all during the day at work, which is amazing cuz usually I would have to blot by mid day or earlier.

After I wash it off: I use those facial cleansing wipes at night to wash my face and then follow with a cleanser or scrub (Neutrogena Stress Control Scrub, or St Ives green tea cleanser, or Mychelle's Fruit Enzyme cleanser). My face looks fresh after I wash the product off and my acne scars are less noticeable. I noticed that my face is brighter, more evenly toned and more fair since I've started using this.

Overall I think it's my HG product. I've had zero break out since using this and my face looks so much healthier. I would definitely recommend this to someone with oily, acne prone skin who's looking for something healthy that can cover up blemishes.

5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment